How are you doing getting to your minimum of 12 sessions?
"When should I Officiate?" Rules of thumb
- When your child is swimming--yes
- When your club is hosting a meet--yes
- When your club is attending a meet--yes, host clubs rely on the help of visiting clubs, even if your kid is not swimming
- At finals when your child is swimming--most definitely yes
- At finals when your child is not swimming--I promise you that your help is still needed
- I can't make it to a meet or session due to work/travel/family--we understand life happens, but consider making it up at another meet
- At a meet that neither my child nor team is attending--please consider helping out, many clubs and meets still need our help
- I've already worked my 12 sessions, so I'm "done."--Nice try, if you've gone above and beyond 12, we appreciate your all you've done, but we still need your help. Working more than 12 sessions keeps you sharp and makes you a better Official. Keep in mind we have some Officials working more than 50 sesssions a year. We can always use your help anytime.